Instructions for Installing Campaign Manager in Windows 7
1) Before you begin, speak with your network administrator and insure that the workstations on which you plan to run CM5 are permissioned as LOCAL ADMINISTRATORS. You should NOT use you network administration credentials, as that will give users access beyond their workstations.
2) Go to CONTROL PANEL > USER ACCOUNTS > USER ACCOUNTS – you should see your LOCAL ADMIN icon displayed.
3) From the above screen, select CHANGE USER ACCOUNT CONTROL SETTINGS. Set to ALWAYS NOTIFY ME WHEN Programs try to install software or make changes to my computer.
From START menu, RIGHT CLICK on COMPUTER and select PROPERTIES.
From the PROPERTIES window, select ADVANCED SYSTEM SETTINGS.
From the ADVANCED SYSTEM SETTINGS window, choose the SETTINGS button under the Performance listing.
In the resulting window, under VISUAL EFFECTS, uncheck the box next to “Enable Desktop Composition” and click APPLY.
Now, you are ready to install Campaign Manager. DO NOT use auto-run. Using Windows Explorer, go to the installation disk marked DISK 1. Open that disk and RIGHT CLICK on SETUP.EXE and select RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR.
9) Follow the usual steps in Windows Installer, using the default settings for the location (C:\CM4) and run a FULL INSTALL. There are two files that are no longer included in the installation. When you see a warning screen, select IGNORE. After the files have finished copying to your computer, you will be asked to RESTART.
After the RESTART, you should see the Campaign Manager Icon on your desktop. RIGHT CLICK on the icon and select PROPERTIES and change the START IN box to read C:\CM4. Click APPLY and OK.
11) Now, RIGHT CLICK in the ICON and select RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR. At this point, you will be asked to enter your organization name, account ID, a REGISTRATION KEY and CONFIRMATION KEY. If you don’t have these items, contact Aristotle Technical Support.
12) When prompted, login as GUEST (with the password GUEST). Then close the program.
13) Re-start the program by double clicking on the ICON and log in as GUEST. At this point, refer to your regular CM5 Instructions for setting up users. If your installation involves data on a server, and multiple users, please contact Aristotle Technical Support for instructions on how to set the path.
14) We recommend setting up all users and all paths on one machine. Then copy the following files to all machines running campaign manager. Copy files into the CM4 Directory:
PATHFILE.CDX (extension may not be visible)
By doing this, all machines will be set alike and any authorized user can use any machine.