Importing an Excel File into VoterManager
We offer the ability to add a code to records in the database from an Excel spreadsheet. However, the records must be identified by Voter ID, Record ID or Affidavit number. If there is no match in the database, the code will not be imported.
How to Import your File into VoterManager:
1. From your VoterManager database, click on the Management menu.
2. Click on Imports.
3. Next to File, click on Browse.
4. Find where you saved your file and click on that icon and Open.
5. Select your your Layout – if you are importing by:
· Voter ID select VoterID(singlecode).
· Record ID select RecID(singlecode).
· Affidavit select Affidavit(singlecode).
6. Select the Code you wish to add to these records.
7. Click the Upload button.
You should get a message that your upload was successful.
Your file must be a .csv. For more information about converting an Excel file to .csv, click here.
My Excel list was 300 records but when I did the import with codes, it only coded 200 records!
This problem is most likely because not all 300 records were in your database. If the voter record does not exist in the database but the record is on your list to import, the import tool will ignore that record and not import the code.