Merging to Labels and Envelopes
The label-printing feature allows you to print labels for Records in the Currents Selection. Use
this feature immediately following a Mail Merge or Letter Batch. Labels and envelopes will print
in the sort order of the Current Selection.
Printing labels and envelopes requires a label format. The most common Avery label formats are
included in Campaign Manager 5 and those can be modified to work with many other label
1. From the Main Menu Bar, select Reports > Labels.
2. Select Print to use an existing Label Format.
3. Select label output: Printer, Screen, or File
4. Select the desired address output: Home Address, Work Address, Mail
Address, or Default Address
NOTE: If you select Work Address and the Record does not have a Work
Address, the Home Address will substitute. If Mail Address is selected
and does not exist, the Work Address is printed.
5. Enter the beginning and ending Records to print.
TIP: The Records to Print box determines which Records in the
Current Selection to print and whether to print sample Records. This
feature is useful if there is a paper jam during the print process and you
want to resume printing at the point of the problem.
6. Click Print Samples if desired.
NOTE: This should only be used on dot matrix printers. A pattern is
printed on the first three labels showing the alignment of the print head
with the labels.
7. Click Browse to select the label file to use.
8. All label files end with a “.lbx’ extension. The default label file is called
Default.lbx (Avery 5160). If you are using a different Avery label, CM5
probably has the corresponding template as well. After clicking on the
Browse button, find the Labels folder and double-click on it. Then double-
click on the Avery label template in the list. To print envelopes (Standard
size 10) double-click on the file called POSTBAR.LBX.
9. The Output File Name box is only available if you chose to print your
labels to a file, above. Enter the full path and file name of the output file.