Adding Committee ID numbers
Committee ID numbers are important when filing compliance reports for committees that have transactions associated to the committee.
To add a committee ID number:
- Go to Search > Committee Search > Basic Search.
- Search for the Committee in the database and select it.
- In the Basic Information area, click New next to Registration ID.
- Select the Authority ID.
- For example, if this is a committee ID number from the Federal Election Commission, the Authority will be FEC.
- Type the Committee ID number in the Reg ID field.
- Click Save and Close at the top.
When the Committee Record refreshes, you should see your committee ID number has been added to the record.