In the Quick Entry window, search for and select the Individual, Organization or Committee for which to apply the disbursement.
1. In the middle area of the Quick Entry window, select the Disbursements tab if it is not already selected.
2. The date defaults to today’s date. Change the date as necessary by clicking the Calendar icon and selecting the correct date to identify when the check was received.
3. Type the amount of the disbursement in the Amount: field. The format should be a number with or without a decimal point.
4. Enter the check number you are printing to in the Check No.: field.
5. Click the drop-down arrow on the Batch: field and select the batch to apply to this disbursement. Remember that the batch must be in an open status in order to apply to that batch.
6. Click the drop-down arrow on the Type: field and select the nature of the disbursement.
7. Click the drop-down arrow on the Subtype: field and select the payment type of disbursement.
8. Click the drop-down arrow on the Account: field and select the account from which this disbursement is being withdrawn.
9. Click the drop-down arrow of the Period: field to select the election period associated with this disbursement.
10. Click the drop-down arrow of the Check Status: field to select the status of the payment. For disbursements, the status is usually Outstanding when the disbursement is entered, and Cleared when the disbursement has been cleared the bank and is reconciled.
11. The Posted field will be filled in automatically when the account is reconciled and the status is changed to Cleared.
12. You can enter text to be used as an identifier for this disbursement in the Purpose: field. Here you can note a special event or specific frequency. This field is also pulled onto compliance reports, so refer to your compliance reference material for proper entries for this field.
13. Use the Note: field to enter text that can describe special circumstances. For example, you can enter Resend after initial check number 999 was not received.
14. Review the information you entered in the disbursement fields, and then click the Submit button located at the bottom of the task area.
15. The disbursement is recorded in the system, and the statistics in the bottom panel are updated accordingly.