The second method for creating a list is to save the results generated by an Advanced Search. This is a more practical way of creating your lists, since you have the ability to be more specific on the criteria you are searching on, thus producing more robust
1. Go to Search > Advanced Search.
2. The Advanced Search page appears. The buttons on the left criteria panel open specific search pages tailored to that record type. See the Using Advanced Search section for more information on using this feature. For this example, you will perform a search for individual receipts received last year for amounts between $50 and $100. Click the Receipts button on the criteria panel.
3. The Receipts Criteria page displays. Select Individual in the Select entity listbox.
4. Scroll down to view the Amount Between fields. Enter 50 and 100.
5. Scroll down to view the Date between fields. Click the icon and then doubleclick to select the Last Year option.
6. The dates of last year (going back from today’s date) are populated into the Date between fields. Scroll to the top of the page.
7. Click the Submit button to begin the search.
8. The Advanced Search page redisplays with records that match your search criteria. Scroll down to the List Name: field. For this example, we are happy the results, so we enter Last Years running receipts $50 to $100 in the List Name: field (you will not see the whole description displayed in the field).
9. Enter a description for the list in the List Description: field. For this example, we enter Last Years running receipts for individuals for the amounts $50 to $100 (again, you will not see the whole description displayed in the field).
10. Click the Save List button.
11. The Advance Search page refreshes. Navigate to SEARCH > List Manager.
12. The List Manager page appears. Notice your newly created List is displayed.