The November release marks the completion of Action Center 3.0 new Backend User Interface, back-end enhancements and new functionality completed in August 2014. This release also includes two new reports for our PAC user base
Action Center 3.0 New Functionality
· Carousel (Random) Letter generation: Client create up to five different letters where one will be randomly assigned to each specific individual taking action. The administrator will have the ability to setup to Five letters per Jurisdiction and Chamber (House or Senate) for a total of ten possible advocacy letters (Five for House and Five for Senate). Likewise each jurisdiction will have a specific (One) Thank You letter. For Split Targeting: List 1 will be permitted to receive up to Five (5) Carousel letters as well.
· Thank You Letters – We are supporting the ability for a Thank You letter (One for House and One For Senate) to be keyed off of Bill Sponsorship or within the Split Target Concept.
· Bill Sponsorship & Co-Sponsorship Integration – Support Smart alerts where Alert content (Advocacy or Thank You) will be dictated by Legislator(s) support for a Bill based on their sponsorship status of legislation. If legislator is shown as sponsors, on backend for Federal or Manually entered for State Bills, then a Thank You Letter will be sent by advocates as opposed to an advocacy message. This feature is NOT Dependent on client having subscribed to Bills and Votes
· Action Center 3.0 User Interface– Aristotle has finalized the enhanced backend UI. The new User Interface has been completed and reduces the number of steps necessary to setup an alert so the speed in setting up an alert will be vastly improved. A focus has been in crafting a more effective and efficient User Interface and eliminating steps that can be better set at a global level.
· Action Center Settings – Global control for setting up items that are recurring in Action Alerts like Icons, Banner and Footer images, Messages and other options. These settings may be modified by the user on a case by case bases as needed. This should make setting up your alerts even more efficient.
· Action Center 3.0 – Webform Mapping & Configuration - We have re-worked the methodology necessary for configuring the web-form mapping agent where the user must configure non-matched Issues. This step has been automated and will require the user to only set the” Issue”
· Captcha – Within webforms we have instituted ReCaptcha for a more secure approach.
Two New Client Reports available for PAC Users