Searching for the "To Be Thanked" Receipts
You will first need to run a search in your database to find the receipts you want to send thank you letters for. This can be done by following the below steps:
1) Log into your database and go to Search > Receipt Search > Basic Search
2) Use the fields provided to establish the criteria for your search. For example, you can use the Date (Range) fields to find receipts for a particular month or week, or you can use the Amount fields to search for all receipts within a particular amount range.
3) Once you've set the appropriate criteria, click Search
Creating the Thank You Letters
The results of the above search will be displayed on the 360 Current Selection screen. On the right side of the page you will see a section called List Functions, and towards the bottom of this section is an option titled Generate Thank You Letters:
1) Click the hyperlink to open the Mass Correspondence Wizard.
2) Click Next until you reach STEP 1: SELECT YOUR RECIPIENTS... where you will need to enter a title for this mass activity in the Mass Activity Title field. You can enter a description if you like, but this is not required to proceed to step 2. Then click Next.
3) In STEP 2: APPLY DESTINATION SETTINGS.... you will use the Destination Address field to determine which address you will be sending to. Then you will choose whose record will be used as the Assigned Sender (more information on Assigned Senders can be found here [[link to help file]]). You can either assign yourself as the sender of this mass activity or another user, meaning someone else in your organization. Then click Next.
4) In STEP 3: CREATE CONTENT you will enter the Subject and the Description of all activity records that will be created once you've fully completed the Mass Correspondence Wizard. More information on activity records can be found here [[link to help file]]. Then click Next.
5) On the next screen you will use the WYSIWYG editor to create the content of your thank you letter. You can either type out the full text of your letter in the editor, or you can click the Import Template button to use a letter template you have already created and saved in your database. Letter templates are created and stored in Settings > Template Editor. For more information about letter templates click here [[link to help file]].
To personalize each letter with each donor's information, click the Merge Fields button. This willl give you a pop-up window where you can add numerous merge fields to the content of your letter. Doing this will allow you to tailor the letter to any one particular person or organization:
Individual first name: <<#ind_FirstName#>>
6) In STEP 4: DELIVERY/DISTRIBUTION SETTINGS... you will choose if you'd like to schedule when these letters will be created, or if you'd like to create them immediately. Then click Next.
7) In STEP 5: DISTRIBUTE ACTIVITIES... you should review your settings and ensure nothing is incorrect. After confirming the settings click Finish to generate your letters. A link to the letters will be sent to your email address and will also be placed in the System Messages section of the Home tab.