How to run the Form 3L ("Lobbyist Report") from Campaign Manager
A reporting committee must file FEC Form 3L for a covered period if within that covered period it receives two or more bundled contributions forwarded by, or credited to, a lobbyist/registrant or lobbyist/registrant PAC, and the contributions aggregate in excess of the reporting threshold. For calendar year 2009 that threshold is $16,000, per lobbyist/registrant or lobbyist/registrant PAC, per covered period. If you are unsure if you should file a Form 3L, check your FEC Handbook or call your FEC Analyst.
To run a Form 3L:
- Go to Reports > Federal
- Select the Form 3 (or Form 3X if you normally file the 3X).
- Enter your Reporting Period.
- Enter your Reporting Threshold.
- For our example, we are using the 2009 threshold of $16,000. You can adjust your threshold lower than what is required by the FEC if you wish to over-report your lobbyist bundled receipts.
- Enter your Itemization Threshold Start Date.
- Complete the Form 3/3X tab with the information on Committee, Bank Accounts, Default Primary/General, Quarter, Current Period and the Monthly Quarterly check box (as you would when running your Form 3/3X).
- Click on the Other Schedules tab.
- Check the box for File Form 3L.
- Check which semi-annual period you are filing.
- Click Form 3 Information tab again.
- Select your Destination.
- Click Print.
- When prompted, Save your FEC form.
- You will get a validation file alerting you to any problems with the Form 3L. Once you have reviewed these, you can close the box.
- When prompted to Print, click OK.
If you need help adding in a bundled receipt, click here.