Settin Up New Events
1. From the Main Menu Bar, select Records > Edit Event.
NOTE: The first time you set up an event, the Add to Event and Remove
from Event options will not be active.
2. The Event screen appears. Click the New button to access the fields.
3. Assign the event a unique Code. You will use this code to associate this
event with transactions and individuals.
4. Check the Guests Invited? checkbox when you have sent invitations to
5. In the Desc field, enter a title or description for the event
6. Enter the date and time of the event in the appropriate fields.
7. Enter the name and contact information of the host of the event.
8. If the person has a CM5 Record, enter the name and click the Look-up
(Binoculars) button to find the Record. The program will search for a matching
Mail Name in your Dataset. If a match is found, the contact information
will pull into the fields.
9. Enter the RSVP By date.
10. Enter the Name and Address of the Event Location.
11. Select the Status of the event. The status is “Open” until the event occurs.
Once the event takes place, select “Completed”.
12. Enter the number of guests you have invited to the event.
13. Enter the total amount of money you expect to raise at the event. You can
also enter the Federal portion you expect to raise, if applicable.
14. Click the Save button to save the entry.
To add another event, click New and repeat the steps. You can add as many events as you like.
These events will be associated with pledges and other transactions when using the other
Fundraising features in CM5.
1. From the Main Menu Bar, select Records > Events.
2. Select Edit Event.
3. Select the event from the list on the left side of the screen.
4. Edit the event where necessary.
5. Click Save to save and exit.
Associating Records with Events
You must associate Records with Events in order to do invitations and RSVP’s. A Record
can be associated with multiple events. Campaign Manager 5 enables you to associate one
or more Records to an Event.
Adding a Single Record to an Event
1. Open the Record to which you want to add the Event.
2. Click on the Add to Event button (light bulb) on the Toolbar.
3. Select an Event from the list in the Event box.
4. Click Add to Selected Event. This will associate the current Record with
the Selected Event.
Removing a Single Record from an Event
1. Open the Record you want to disassociate from an Event.
2. Click the Remove from Event button (light bulb) on the Toolbar.
3. Choose the Event in the list from which you would like to remove the
4. Click on Remove From Event.
Adding Multiple Records to an Event
1. Generate a Current Selection of Records you would like to add to an
2. From the Main Menu Bar, select Records > Event > Add to Event.
3. Choose the Event that you wish to add to the Current Selection.
4. Click the Add to Selected Event button. You will see a message that tells
you how many records were added to the Event.
A list of each of your Events is kept in your Saved Lists, found under the Records > Current
Selection menu. You can use these lists to send invitations and solicitations.
Removing Multiple Records From an Event
If you inadvertently associate the wrong event to a Current Selection, you can just as easily
remove the event from the records.
1. Pull up a Current Selection of Records you wish to remove from an Event.
This can be done by using the Full Search feature or by going to the Saved
Lists section and pulling up the whole list of invitees.
2. From the Main Menu Bar, select Records > Event > Remove from
3. Choose the Event you would like to remove from the Records in the
4. Click Remove from Selected Event button.
Tracking RSVP Information for Events
Above the Master Edit screen of any open record you see three yellow “face” buttons.
The first is an RSVP Positive, the second is an RSVP Negative and the third is RSVP
Undecided. When you receive an RSVP from an invitee, open the individual’s Record and click
on the appropriate RSVP button. If a Record is associated with more than one event, a list of the
events will pop up. Choose the event to which the RSVP is related.
Adding an Event to the Contribution Subfile
We have learned how to add Master Records to Events to keep track of invitees. To keep track of
funds you raise at an event and run financial reports based on the data, you should select the
appropriate event in the Contribution Subfile as you enter.
For example, let’s say a donor gave $1000 at a fundraising dinner. Follow the steps below to
associate the contribution to the Event.
1. Open the desired Record.
2. Open the Contribution Subfile and start the Add new Contribution
3. Enter data into the pertinent fields.
4. Open the drop-down list next to the Event field.
5. Choose the appropriate Event.
6. Save the contribution entry.
There are four main reports to run with the Event feature.
• Invitee List
To access these reports, go to Records on the Main Menu Bar and select Event > Report.
Below is a brief description of each report.
If you decide to vet individuals before you invite them to an event, you can run one of these
reports at any time to check the status of the vetted individuals. The Vetted report lists all those
Records associated with a particular event that have been vetted and lists their status. The Non-
Vetted report lists those individuals associated with an Event that have not been vetted. The All
report lists all individuals associated with an Event and report their vetting status.
The Invitee List shows all the Records associated with an Event and their RSVP statuses.
The Pledge report shows all records associated with an Event and the pledge amounts. Pledges in
the covered in the next chapter.
The Finance report shows all Contributions and Disbursements associated with an Event.