Campaign Manager 5 provides a Bank Reconciliation utility that enables you to balance
multiple bank accounts. Drop-down menus allow for easy and accurate data entry. The
Bank Reconciliation steps are similar to the steps you would take to balance your bank
account at home.
Reconciling Bank Accounts
1. From the Main Menu Bar, select Accounting > Bank Reconciliation.
2. The Bank Reconciliation window appears. From this window, you will
select the Bank Accounts, Contribution Types, and Disbursement Kinds to
include in the Bank Reconciliation.
ADVISORY: Do not check Memo in the Contribution Type or
Disbursement Kind windows, as these transactions typically do not
calculate into your cash-on-hand total.
3. After choosing Bank Account(s), Type(s), and Kind(s), enter the date
4. Enter the Statement Date (usually today’s date).
5. Choose to either process by Batch or by Line Item.
• Batch: Will organize the register by Batch identifier.
• Line Items: Will sort by date and list all individual items.
TIP: Assuming that all contributions in a Batch cleared your account,
it is much quicker and easier to reconcile by Batch than line item.
However, if you find that your numbers don’t add up, you may want to
search item-by-item until you find the discrepancy.
6. Click the Display Items button to display all contributions and
7. Enter the Beginning Balance as of the “From” date in the date range.
NOTE: Any non-cleared transactions before the first date of the selected
date range will itemize on the screen – much like your bank account at
8. Click the Status button for each item and select one option:
• Cleared: Marks the transaction as clearing the bank.
• Void: Marks the entry as Voided and removes the dollar value
from the statement balance.
• Outstanding: Keeps the entry as “outstanding” status and it will
appear repeatedly until cleared.
• Returned: Marks the entry as returned and removes the dollar
value from the statement balance.
9. Click Save to mark each transaction in the Subfiles with the appropriate
NOTE: If you have a lot of items to mark, you can periodically click on
the Save button to save the status of the items that you’ve already
changed. If you make a mistake, you can click the Undo button to change
any unsaved items back to their original status, or you can simply make a
different selection from the drop-down menu options.
Once you have completed entering the Status for each item in the register, you can generate
• Statement: Clicking the Statement button generates a Bank
Reconciliation Statement that delineates all bank activity within the given
statement range. A Bank Reconciliation Statement will appear as shown.
• Outstanding: Clicking Outstanding will generate a report that includes
only those transactions that have not yet cleared the bank account.
• Complete: This Report is a combination of the Statement report and the
Settling Credit Cards
Settling credit card transactions that are processed in Campaign Manager 5 is extremely easy.
Here are the points to remember:
• Transactions settle on the day after they are processed. So, transactions
entered today will settle tomorrow, for example.
• All transactions are given an authorization code when you enter them
• Cash is wired to your account on a scheduled basis and may not appear for
several days or up to a week.
• You need an Internet connection to process and settle credit cards.
1. To settle the transactions, select Settle Credit Card Transactions from
the Accounting menu.
2. Enter your username and password if prompted. If you need assistance
please contact Aristotle’s Technical Support for assistance.
3. Once the username and password are accepted, the transactions available
for processing appear in a list.
4. The screen includes all batches that are to be processed. Select the batches
to process by marking them with a check.
5. Click the Process Settled Transactions button. The system updates your
database to reflect the fact that these transactions have cleared. It also
generates a report of the settled transactions.