1. In the Quick Entry window, search for and select the Individual, Organization or Committee for which to apply the receipt.
2. In the middle area of the Quick Entry window, select the Receipts tab if it is not already selected.
3. The date defaults to today’s date. Change the date as necessary by clicking the Calendar icon and selecting the correct date.
4. Type the amount of the receipt in the Amount: field. The format should be a number with or without a decimal point.
5. Enter the check number of the receipt in the Check No.: field.
6. Click the drop-down arrow on the Batch: field and select the batch to apply to this receipt. Remember that the batch must be in an open status in order to apply receipts.
7. Click the drop-down arrow on the Type: field and select the nature of the receipt.
8. Click the drop-down arrow on the Subtype: field and select the payment type of receipt.
9. Click the drop-down arrow on the Account: field and select the account to which this receipt is being deposited.
10. Click the drop-down arrow of the Period: field to select the election period associated with this receipt.
11. Click the drop-down arrow of the Check Status: field to select the status of receipt. For receipts, this statuses used are usually Deposited when the receipt is entered, and Cleared when the receipt has been cleared by the bank. Note: Performing the bank reconciliation through Batch Processing automatically changes the Check Status: field.
12. Click the drop-down arrow on the Source: field to indicate the source of the receipt. This is usually associated with an Event, and selecting a source will assist you in reporting and filing this receipt. You can also add a new source by clicking the New button next to this field.
13. You can enter text to be used as an identifier for this receipt in the Purpose: field. Here you can note a special event or specific frequency.
14. Click the drop-down arrow on the Campaign: field to associate a campaign to this receipt.
15. Review the information you entered in the receipt fields, and then click the Submit button located at the bottom of the task area.
16. The receipt is recorded in the system, and the statistics in the bottom panel are updated accordingly.
Note: You can add mutliple transactions to the current entity by selecting Submit/Additional Transaction