List View provides a way to export a list or group to another file format. You may want to use this data for printed lists, mail merges, or for import into other programs.
1. To export records to a file, first select to check all those records you want assigned in the List View window.
2. Next, click the Export button.
3. The Export panel appears under the list of records. Enter a name for the exported file in the List name: field. Do not use spaces in the name of the export.
4. Select to check the file type or types you want to export to in the Export Format: field.
5. Click the Export button.
6. The system sends and email that contains a link that starts the download of the exported file. You will also be able to downlaod the file from System Messages within the Dashboard. The creatation of the export files may take a while depending on how many formats you chose and the number of records in the list.
7. The Save As window appears. Choose the folder location for the file, and click Save.
8. The file proceeds to save, and then the Download complete window appears. You can click Close to close this window and continue to download the other files (if you selected multiple formats) or you can click Open to view this file.
9. When you have finished downloading all of your files, open the list file you created and review the data and remove any unwanted data. You can now use this data for printed lists, mail merges, or for import into other programs.