Transaction reports provide the information necessary to review, plan, and audit your organization’s financial data input into Aristotle 360. The Transaction report combines some of the same reporting parameters as does the Receipt and Disbursement Transaction List with a few extra data points to select from. The output of this report is a list of transactions and the entity it is linked to; there is no chart output for this report.
Some common uses for this report include:
- Identify a missing transaction for balancing your checkbook by specifying an amount and date range
- Confirming compliance report totals by specifying the type of transaction and the date range for the filing period
- Run for a specific batch to retrieve a detailed list of transactions entered and attributed to that batch
- Isolate transactions attributed to the filing committee and/or certain bank accounts
- Run the report for either Receipts or Disbursements by choosing the appropriate radio button.
- Use the default setting of All Types and Sub-types, or select to focus on a single Type and/or Sub-type
- Focus on a single entity of Individual, Organization, or Committee records, or choose any combination by selecting the checkbox. You can also include the candidate information by checking the Candidate box.
- Enter a List name to only view transactions for records on that list.
- Set a Start and End Date range.
- Set a Statement From and Statement To Date range.
- Select the Filing Committees or Account for the transactions.
- Identify a Batch, Source and Election Period.
- Select the Party, Office or Chamber held. NOTE: these fields are enabled only after checking the Include Candidate box.
- Select the Report Type, either Summary (snapshot) or Detail report type (detailed transactions).
- Select the appropriate Group or Sort option for the report.
- Select one of the four format options for your report (HTML, CSV, XML or PDF).
- When you finish setting the parameters of your report, click the Run Report button in the lower right corner of the panel. Aristotle 360 generates your report and then provides a link to the report in a separate window.
- You can view the report by clicking the link, or you can download and save the report. If you selected the .pdf format, the report opens automatically in Adobe Reader.
To run a transaction report, go to Reporting > Financial Reports > Transaction.
Enter a date range for your report. Under report type, choose details. After that, Group by Period. Then, sort by name to have each individual’s campaign donations grouped together and you can see a running total of their contributions. You will see a list of donors for each period in alphabetical order by last name along with all of their donations for that election period.
You could also run a basic receipt search by going to Search > Receipt Search > Basic Search. Keep in mind that you cannot specify individuals as the entity type.
You would enter the date range and the deposited range then enter the receipt range. You can select all periods or a particular period, depending on which election period you would like your search to be conducted from.